Friday, May 1, 2009

TRUST












This afternoon, Jenny and I were playing with Makc, ALona, and Natasha on one of the play grounds and like before, Makc wanted me to take his hands and by me spinning around and around, he would "take-off". Max - don't think I can do with with you BIG BOY! After Makc's turn, Alona would get one; then Makc, then Alona, etc. A few minutes later, Makc was standing on back of a iron truck that is in the playground. (They have lots of playground stuff to play, climb, and jump on/off of.) He was about 3 feet off the ground, so I simply reached my arms out offering to catch him. Without hesitation, he DOVE! I had but one choice - catch him. I did! Next came Alona and then Natasha, then Makc, then Alona, then Natasha, then...you get the picture. With every dive, more confidence to try something a little something different or a little more distance. Before long, they were diving backwards! We had a blast for probably 20 minutes. I hope God continues to grace me with this level of energy.

After the first few "dives", Jenny and I looked at each other and commented on how easy it seemed for them to trust us with everything that they have been through. Don't miss understand, we're happy that they do and it wasn't much differnt than the trust they had towards their visit last summer, just interesting.

Since then, the Holy Spirit has been reminding me that my TRUST in God should be that easy. God's words reminds us over and over if we "dive", we will be there to catch us. For me, trust isn't always easy. I want to be in control. I want my way. I want what I want. Trust means relying on someone else to hold up their end of the bargain. For Makc, Alona, and Natasha, it meant me holding out my arms and catching them. For me, it means Jesus on the Cross holding out His arms catching me.


Blessings <><,
David
BTW - there is another "new" post that follows this one titled "On the lighter side"

6 comments:

vandermeer said...

How true this is!! Very cool to see how the Holy Spirit is revealing such simple things to just remind us--using your beautiful children to illustrate. Thanks for sharing this today!

Phil & Tonya said...

A very touching post, David! Thanks for sharing and staying longer w/the kids that day. That Makc really tied up my heart last summer -- I hope he never really presses me for anything! It's beautiful that they are so trusting. I am not surprised but at the same time I stand amazed. Thanks for the details even the menu items. :)

michelle said...

Sounds like a fun day!!
I hope those shoulders are feeling ok tomorrow David. I bet that was a great work out! Play with three
beautiful soon to be Borden children, Long walk and well deserved dinner date with your lovely wife. Priceless!!

Touching post, kids look so happy and so do both of you.

Michelle said...

Thanks for taking the time to write of your experiences over there so beautifully. I so appreciate the honest M&M story David.

It sounds like a lot of this has been about trusting from beginning to . . .

THANKS!

Laurel said...

Wow, very insightful and true. Enjoy! Thanks for the post.

DeeDee said...

Wow, I feel like I just had a Sunday school lesson !! What great insight and comparison. I bet Jesus feels that way when He works with us sometimes. Thanks for your blog today -- and loved the M & M story, too funny !