Sunday, May 3, 2009

Psalms 118:24

This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.Psalm 118:23-25

No pictures yet! It's only 9:50am and we haven't gone to vistit the kids yet. Maybe later today - "we'll see!"

I woke up this morning praising God for this Sabbeth day. Though we are miles away from home, we can find lots of ways to worship and praise Him today! I plan to spend time in prayer, study, and listening to praise and worship music. I even ran this morning (2 days in a row) and listened to some of my favorite praise music. I've even got it playing on my computer while typing this.

I can't wait to get the orphanage to see how God is at work there and join Him. Make no misatke about it, God is at work and has a plan for all the childern. I want to continue to open my eyes, ears, heart and soul to what God is doing and lend myself to helping Him accomplishing His plans.

I've been doing a Bible study called "Experiencing God" by Blackaby and God is teaching me lots. I'll try to find time later to post about it. Get to go see the kids!!!!

Please join me me today in worship and praise to our Lord and King.

Blessings <><,

David

3 comments:

Phil & Tonya said...

You're right, God does have a plan for them. I was reading last night before bed Psalm 103:6 "The Lord works righteousness and justice for all the oppressed." He is actively working when we may look and see oppression -- we have to look and see how -- it's clear to me in many ways for Laurel, Kim, & others who have adopted then acted, but I'm sure there are ways we can't see. He sure is working in those children to care for one another when they need to. I hope you enjoy this day and that it's full of blessings! Maybe only 3 more days to run in Ukraine? Can you believe it? God IS good. :)

michelle said...

May you two have a very relaxing and peaceful day. Lots of emotion
and being busy with a bit less sleep then you are used to. Sunday is a day to renew and reflect. God is working in all of us and all of the wonderful young children in Khmelnitskiy. Keep reaching out to those waiting for a home. And Jenny I hope you get first class on the way back on Thursday!! We are off to Journey.

DeeDee said...

Great reminder today of how we can praise and worship wherever we might be ! Keep those great lessons coming - I'm learning so much from you both !