Monday, May 11, 2009

Priceless!

Eating french fries, hotdogs, dessert, and drinks at Winnie the Pooh - 60rhn
Jumping on Tigger inflatable for half an hour - 20rhn
Driving battery operated vehicles around in a plaza for 10 minutes - 30rhn
Buying a plastic sword, play telephone, and a purse from street vendor - 40rhn
Playing princesses and princes while taking a horse drawn carriage ride - 10rhn
Buying sunflower seeds from lady in the marketplace - 1.80rhn
Buying soft serve ice cream with chocolate drizzled on it - 16rhn

Spending the day with Maks, Alona, and Natasha - PRICELESS.
(In case you are wondering the total cost was 177.80rhn or $22.25 US dollars!)

God continues to bless my time here with the children. This morning around 10am I went to pick the kids up and bring them back to my flat so we could spend some time together here instead of at the orphanage. The kids were out of school today so I thought it would be a nice change of pace for them and for me. The weather continues to be beautiful which made for all the walking around very pleasant. It was truely a priceless day. The kids seemed to have a good time and were a bit tired when we got finished and headed back to the orphanage. On the way back to orphanage, "Mama" called so they got to talk to her, Max, and Isabelle. Keely was still asleep. (Our kids at home have the day off from school today.) Enjoy the pictures! I bet you can figure what we were doing in them so I'll not add captions today.

One more really neat experience today. The other day when the children were at our flat visiting , Alona found my i-pod sitting on the dresser and figured out how to use it. So today when we were in the flat getting something to drink, she found it again and turned it on (reaaly load I might add!) A few minutes later, I hear her singing the words "how great Thou art" (pretty well I might add) and continued to sing as many of the words should could. I told her that I really like that song and asked her if she understood what it meant and she said "Jesus". Good thing I didn't forget that little story, huh. Oh, little blessings that I am experiencing!

Blessings <><,

David

Matthew 19:14
Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."
















9 comments:

beth said...

This post definitely makes my "Top 10" list! What a gift you are getting to spend this kind of time and activity with the children. The pics are priceless for those of us on this side of the adventure. Thanks for posting! I am in the midst of testing and was feeling very frustrated by the whole thing - this helped me remember that 1)there are more important things in life and 2) children are a precious gift!

David and Jenny Borden said...

I LOVE the pictures. Thanks! I was thinking as I was scrolling through them how Maks couldn't stand to have his picture made the first half of the summer. He didn't want to and it was such a struggle to get him to smile for a picture. To see his big, genuine smiles makes me believe that the Lord has ALREADY been doing work on healing his heart! I love HIM! What a story about Alona. Can't believe you forgot to tell me that one. I loved reading it though. How beautiful!! I love you, Jenny

Jewelry Lady said...

Priceless=Speechless! Your kids at home are seeing a side of their daddy that many of our children will never get to experience. You are teaching them unconditional love in the best possible form. I applaud you knowing it's from Christ's work in you that makes this experience possible.

Tam

vandermeer said...

You are outdoing yourself daily with the blogs. This was a wonderful post. Thanks for sharing. The pictures were just awesome. The kids just look so happy and like they are having a ball with you!!! Priceless memories indeed!!

Phil & Tonya said...

Sounds like so much fun! Those guys look like they are bursting inside with the newfound blessings... and so much more is to come, like when they hear their own kids singing "How Great Thou Art" because of your teaching them now. Enjoy the rest of the day!

Natalie said...

Thanks for your continued posts and pictures of your experiences with the children. It is awesome to see what the Lord is doing...and from a dad's perspective :) I would have never known by the pictures that Maks wasn't a picture-taker last summer. Krystyna wasn't either...in fact, we have many photos of the back of her head! I think the Lord is truly doing a work in little Maks (through you guys), and the joy on his face reflects that! Keep up the good work. Continuing to keep you, Maks, Alona and Natasha in my prayers (and the rest of the famliy at home).
God Bless ~
Natalie (Jenny's "phone friend" from hosting last summer)

Chris Graham said...

What a day you've had...one to be remembered for sure and certain! Looked better than a trip to Disney Land. I'm sure a day that will truly be remembered by each party until the end of days. I'm thinking that you will sleep well tonight.

Jennifer said...

David....your soft side is oooooozzzzzing all over the place.

The joy on those kids faces just make me sob. What a blessing you are to all of us!!!!!

We sure miss you at Journey!!!!

Jennifer O

Kimbell and Mark said...

Getting to experience this incredible journey with you - priceless!