Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sunday morning

Good morning! It’s 10am here on Sunday morning and I wanted to share with you a few things that God and the Holy Spirit has laid on my heart this morning as I have been praying, reading Hiw Word, and worshipping Him through music.

First and foremost, I continue to give praise to our King for everything He has done to “expedite” the resuce of Maks, Alona and Natasha through adoption into the Borden family! On Monday, May 18, 2009 we received the paperwork officially approving the adodtion and no one can ever change that!

I spent most of yesterday tring to not be frustrated by the fact that we paid an “expediting fee” for passports that were supposed to be here “late Friday, Saturday morning at the latest” and that not occuring. Adding fuel to the fire was the lack of communication about the process. In my time thinking, grumbling, fussing, and praying about it, I wondered and questioned if I or “man” got in God’s way.

You see, God has a plan and ultimately His plan will prevail, but because God gave man the ability to make choices, man can get in His way. For the most part, my (and I believe Jenny’s) approach has been to focus on God’s will being done, not ours. We’ve tried to make choices based on God’s leading and calling and not our own and we’ve witness how wonderfully and perfectly He has worked His plan. All along the way, I prayed step by step, and quite frankly, most anytime I would try and plan the “future” it only delayed the the process or at the least got in the way of God.

I’ve wondered the past few days if my choices to try and control the process got in the way of God’s plan. Was it God’s plan for me to pay the “expediting” fee and go home sooner than later. Did my decisions show God lack of trust, belief, faith to others? Has Anna seen my reaction as frustrating and selfish and “worldy” and caused her to question my faith in God that I’ve said is awesome? Did the choices I made, get in the way of God’s plans?

I’m not sure of the answers, but I’m sure of this. I’ve gone to the foot of the cross and asked God’s foregiveness and He has delivered me from this burden.

Hebrews 12:1-13
1Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. 2Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.
4In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood. 5And you have forgotten that word of encouragement that addresses you as sons:
"My son, do not make light of the Lord's discipline,
and do not lose heart when he rebukes you,
6because the Lord disciplines those he loves,
and he punishes everyone he accepts as a son."[a]
7Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as sons. For what son is not disciplined by his father? 8If you are not disciplined (and everyone undergoes discipline), then you are illegitimate children and not true sons. 9Moreover, we have all had human fathers who disciplined us and we respected them for it. How much more should we submit to the Father of our spirits and live! 10Our fathers disciplined us for a little while as they thought best; but God disciplines us for our good, that we may share in his holiness. 11No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.
12Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees. 13"Make level paths for your feet,"[b] so that the lame may not be disabled, but rather healed.

Father, I thank you for the ability you gave me to make choices and decisions. I pray Father, that I make them following the urging of the Holy Spirit so that I don't get in the way of You will being done. Amen.

Blessings <><,
David

3 comments:

Chris Graham said...

That's always a hard one...trying to figure if things are the Lord's plan and provision or if we are inserting our own ideas and plans. Rest assure that God's plan and will prevails regardless. I, too, grumbled to Andrew about this so called "expedite fee". Who knows why, how, etc. this is playing out in this manner. You're right on track to take it back to God in faith and perhaps this is what He is allowing in order to develop this good fruit of the Spirit in you. Enjoy this special day and all of the blessings that it has in store for you and your children and their friends. This is going to be a special day and a special week.

Kerri said...

Good Morning/afternoon friend! It's funny, I'm getting ready for church but I think I've already heard a message today! Thank you so much for always sharing how He is moving and refining. I pray today you feel His plan unfolding and revealing itself even in the smallest ways. We love you so much!

Phil & Tonya said...

Did you dream of the market places last night? I wondered if you'd soaked in so much that you were still walking around them in your mind. God's has timed your arrival with the children back in the US perfectly. We all just have to hang on and wait. We are! Enjoy today!