Saturday, May 9, 2009

Jenny's Homecoming!

Thank you all so much for the warm homecoming you showed my bride! I know that it was a special reunion for her. Mike B. - a special shout out for finding Jenny in JFK. I bet she about flipped out. I spoke to her while in JFK and was happy that she was almost home. She did great at the airport in Kiev. I am thinking with all this world travel, we might look at signing up for the Amazing Race. (Not if we can't bring our children and friends though. I can't imagine every being away from them for so long again - but I never imagined God calling me to this either - "we'll see!").

Jenny, I know I said good-bye (for a short time) yesterday, but I'm not sure I said thank you. Thank you for being so strong during the past 7 months. Thanks for being obedient to our King we serve. Thanks for being the awesome encourager you are for me. Thanks for being bold enough to speak Truth. Thanks for opening your heart up to so many people. Thanks for taking a stand for these children. Thanks for being a loving wife. Thanks for sacrificing so much for our 6 children. Thanks for being my best friend. Thanks for being a great listening. Thanks for being a great mother. Thanks for being a great daughter. Thanks for being a great daughter-in-law. Thanks for being a great sister-in-law.Thanks for following God's commandment of loving your neighbor. Thanks for shining light for Jesus. Thanks for being willing to sacrifice your dreams for God's dreams. Thanks for your faith - it overflows. Thanks for rescuing Maks, Alona, and Natasha. Thanks for being all God created you to be!

I love you and miss you!

Blessings <><,

David

10 comments:

Chris Graham said...

wow. feel humbled to be allowed to read such a thing. I'll just say...Jenny, your Mother's Day card and love letter came a day early. Sweet, David. Now I'm silent.

Kimbell and Mark said...

David,
You and Jenny are a blessing to us. We are honored to call you friends. Now get your business done over there and get home! You think Jenny had a great homecoming - well you ain't seen nothing yet!

Michelle said...

Just can't wait to read the blog daily. There is always a blessing in it for me. What sweet words to show the world the love of Jesus in the hearts of those who follow Him.

Thanks for sharing!

Phil & Tonya said...

thanks for letting us share your love! I hope today is full of beautiful surprises!

Jewelry Lady said...

David thanks for allowing us to see your heart. Your words are a shining light to what Jesus can do in a heart and a marriage if we allow Him to. Jenny print that off and read it over and over and over....It is ALL so very true!

Enjoy your day!!!!

David and Jenny Borden said...

AAAAhhhhh!! Does the slow Kentucky accent come through on the aaahh?! Like Chris said, I am humbled and silent. Thank you! God has changed us both, that is for sure. I'm thankful we are on this ride of life together. That was the best Mother's Day present ever!! I love you! Jenny

vandermeer said...

Wow David you just set the tone for all husbands this Mother's Day!! How sweet that you shared that for all to see. You guys have been a real testimony to us all. We just expect that you will continue with such inspiring blogs while you remain there!!! No pressure though!

Jennifer said...

Hallmark ain't got nothing on David Borden!!!
Jennifer O

DeeDee said...

How Beautiful, David ! Everything is so true - she is a very amazing woman and what your family is doing is so amazing and we've been blessed to share in that.... I'm praying that each day goes quicker than the last and that God gives you strength and grace for each day that you are there !

Kerri said...

I don't know if you realize it but you typed that out loud! We all read it! Now we all know for sure that you are a man in love, a father with a passion for his children and a lovely, Godly man. Well, I guess actually we already knew all of those things! Keep blogging, we'll keep reading. Hug the kids for all of us and tell them to get used to it! We can't wait to welcome you all home and we'll keep holding on tight to Jenny and your KY kids until you're home!