Thursday, May 7, 2009

Traveling Tonight!

This is at NYC Pizza. FYI: The kids don't like pizza:)! It was so sweet because when the caregivers learned we were taking them out, they went out of their way to dress them nicely, even running and ironing their jeans. They found new shoes for the girls to wear and fixed their hair. It was very sweet to watch. Then when we got to the restaurant, Maks took great time to show Natasha how to properly hold her knife and cut her pizza. When she was speaking loud, he was quick to tell her she needed to be quiet because she was in a restaurant. Now that would have brought you to tears. What a sweet brother!!
Please remember little Vica in your prayers. She is Nat and Alona's roommate. I believe she has Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. She welcomed any attention and love we gave her. She is one my heart breaks for.
In our lovely flat.

Please say a prayer for us around 8:30pm Eastern time. We're heading to Kiev with Kostya and Anna around 3:30am our time. This will save us money from staying at a flat in Kiev tonight and will save us from having to walk up creepy stairs in Kiev to a flat (that's a story for a later time ;)). We're headed to the US Embassy first thing tomorrow morning. The drive takes about 5 hours, so we're hoping to pull right into the Embassy when it opens. We can't wait to speak English to English-speaking people. David hopes he can lose his Ukrainian accent he has picked up or is fearful they might not let him in the Embassy! I have to sign some papers and then we're headed to airport. I'll be leaving 1pm Ukraine time and arrive home 10:38 our time. Yippee!
Please keep praying for David and the kids. Also I know David will appreciate your kind updates from home to him. As Salt & Pepper would say,(remember them from the 90's? You just never know where you draw inspiration!)"What a Mighty Mighty Good Man." When David was feeling a little overwhelmed today with all that's happening and preparing to stay for the next 2 weeks, I suggested it wasn't too late for him to come home during the waiting period. He said he couldn't do that to the kids here. That it would be hard for Maks. Now that's a man who truly is Wild At Heart! Willing to fall in love with the Lord, set aside his plans, and follow with child-like faith. I am so proud of him and so thankful he is my husband.
We love you! Jenny

9 comments:

Kerri said...

Now that is something to behold...David with a Ukrainian accent! I just can't hear it, I didn't know you could slow that language down! We'll be praying for ease of travel and paperwork. Love you both and all of the Borden kids!

Chris Graham said...

Very touched, and David...Andrew and I were talking last night about the big adventure you have ahead of you the next two weeks. Very difficult perhaps, but in years to come, will probably be looked back at as a time that is most cherished in your life. I know you already know that...but just wanted to re-confirm that truth.

Phil & Tonya said...

The smiles are beautiful! We'll be praying for unhindered travels. So nice of the two to take you at that hour so you don't have to pay for a flat. I, too, can't wait to hear David's new accent. Did he pick up any new hand gestures to go with it? How do you say "wind it up" in Ukrainian? I'm so glad you will be winding up your Ukrainian (I almost said "first" like Kim alluded to somewhere) adventure. Don't worry, David, we won't leave you hanging and we will send lots of messages to you. XOXOXO

Jewelry Lady said...

Well I guess it's settled. The US residing Borden children will have pizza tomorrow night for dinner in honor of their siblings across the world. Thanks for letting so many of us be a part of the history books being written! It's been a crazy ride. Thank you Jesus. David ....get ready...the flood gates have been opened wide. I told Bill he could text you unlimited but just not to expect any back. Sorry in advance!!!

Kimbell and Mark said...

HAHAH oh come on, just one more trip up scary steps - just for old times sake! :) I love the pics - your smiles say it all. David - get ready - we'll be sending you all kinds of info from home. Do you have any advice for an English speaking mom of a sassy russian speaking 15 year old? Think about that in your spare time. David can't wait to hear how you are bonding with your kids during this stay. It's so wonderful to be able to spend more time with them on their turf. What a selfless think for you to do. And I'm thankful that your US born kids will have their mama home. If all the kids can't have both their parents with them - the next best thing is that all of them have at least one parent. I know how it is to be over there alone! :) You are much more emotionally stable than me - so I know you're gonna do just great. Love you bunches David. Oh and you too Jenny!

Laurel said...

Praying for safe travels and no traffic! Kostya is an excellent driver and I know you will arrive at the Embassy safely and on-time when they open their doors. We will pray for you as you say your good-byes to each other at the airport. Gosh, I remember balling my head off for about 4 hours after my husband and two of our kids left Kyiv while I had to stay to finish the adoption. David, our Lord has special things planned for you over the next two weeks so enjoy! Praying many blessings over your travels.

michelle said...

Looks like you all had a nice dinner and kids looked really adorable. Good luck in the a.m.
Safe drive to Kiev and Jenny, happy trails home. May all go smooth and relaxing!!

The Peery's said...

Jenny, I pray for safe travels and a wonderful reunion with your stateside kids. I pray for David as he has the awesome privledge of staying with your 3 new kiddos in the Ukraine. And, I look forward to seeing you all hugging, all 8 of you, at CVG!!!!
God Bless!
Beth

beth said...

I too was wondering how you do the hand gesture in Ukranian (thanks for asking, Tonya). Jenny, also thanks for posting the pic of Vica - you know she has been in my prayers since you mentioned her to me last week - I love knowing her face! David, you will not be forgotten. What an awesome opportunity for you, although we all look forward to all Bordens being on US soil, together! Love to all!