Friday, May 8, 2009

Jenny Heading Home!!!




Isn't technology great! I am typing this blog while in the backseat of Koysta and Anna's car heading back to Khelm after saying good-bye to mt beautiful and wonderful bride. (I almost titled this post "A Taste of Americana" because Koysta just pulled into a McD's drive thru. Boy did that gesture help take the sting out of saying good-bye.)




Our day started around 2:45am Khelm time (7:45pm Thursday @ home). We did some last minute packing and headed out for Kiev around 3:45am. We arrived at the US Embassy around 9:00 to fill out and sign some paperwork becasue Jenny was leaving early. That all went well. Just one note about the US Embassy - not as grand as we had pictured in our minds. When we got inside, we both commented on it being another basis Ukrainian building with people who spoke better English. We actually did speak to an Amercian behind a glass gage and also another Amercian family from Salt Lake City who were there to finish the paperwork on 3 teenage daughters. They are traveling home after being here 7 weeks. From the Embassy, we drove to the airport where we said our good-bye to Jenny at 10:45am which is 8hrs into a 27hr travel day. Our good-byes went well. Jenny was so sweet in saying good-bye to Kostya and Anna and gave Anna a braclet that she has worn everyday that we have been here. I know the braclet has Scripture verses on it, but I don't know what it is. (Maybe Jenny can chime in and let us know.) It was a very special moment. Surprising, everyone held it together.




Technology is only as good as the supply of power and my battery is about to die. So until next time... blessings <>



David




BTW - check back often. With Jenny being gone, I'm sure I'll be posting a lot. It helps me keep my english polished.

8 comments:

Kerri said...

Good morning/afternoon friend! What great news that Jenny is on her way home. You can count on things being ready to welcome you and your 3 new precious little Bordens home soon! We will be here to welcome our sweet Jenny, your bride, home with open arms, keeping you in our prayers all the while! I hope you were able to enjoy the McD's though I'm sure a true Diet Coke from the drive thru would have been better! Be blessed today!

Jennifer said...

God Bless ya David, the impact you are already having on God's kingdom with what you are doing will be unmeasured!!!

I love reading the the blog!!!!!

Katie says hope all goes ok, she wants to help with the English lessons too,

Jennifer O

Kimbell and Mark said...

Good morning - or I guess by the time you read this it will be good afternoon or evening. THanks for posting on your way back to region. I loved waking up knowing that JEnny was in the air on her way home. Hope you get some good rest tonight. We'll be praying for and checking in on you! I love it that all the adoptive moms (kerri, Jen O and I) are all checking in on your early!

The Holloways said...

I laughed at your impression of the Embassay. Ours was the same. We expected so much more!
David, I am so impressed and inspired by you and so is Jim! He knows he would not have been able to do what you are doing, staying in Ukraine alone and traveling home with your new little ones. Hang in there. We love reading your updates! Have a Coke Light for me. I miss those!

Phil & Tonya said...

Hi, David! Please blog all you want! You have many faithful "hooked" blogwatchers! Today was a good day anticipating and preparing for Jenny's arrival and reuinion with your children. You sure were given a blessing in Jenn -- one of her prayers over the last few months has been answered and I'll let her share that with you and Jenny. I love how God works! Please tell Maks, Alona, & Natasha that my kids can't wait to see them. It's almost time for the swim club! Woohoo!

Mike Bishop said...

Hey David,

I went and found Jenny at the JFK airport and surprised her!! She is so happy to be back in the U.S. She made is now on the flight to CVG.

Keep bloging cause I'll keep reading, learn to Facebook.

I'll check on you in the am.

Mike

David and Jenny Borden said...

Hey honey, I'm home! It's 11:32. I had quite the homecoming so late in the evening. Some of my most favorite people in the world were there to greet me! Tonya drove me home (I even sat in the backseat like we do in the Ukraine :)) and walked in to a clean house. The kids made a chocolate cake, so of course we had to have a quick celebration piece. I LOVE YOU and miss you already!!!!!!! I'm so proud of you. J

Chris Graham said...

Good morning Jenny and David....I'll address you together, for in your hearts there is no separation of time and space. Enjoyed being part of the homecoming and seeing Jenny come down the hallway off the plane. Touched by how many people are being influenced by your experience. Seeing God's word pour from your hearts and words each day. Praying for a happy Saturday for all of you. Loved hearing about your special treatment at the Embassy. Jenny tells a story with such great body language. Max assures me that he has heard David's Ukraine accent from this summer. Wondering if it's much stronger by now. Hoping David doesn't forget English before he gets home. Wondering is Jenny ate the Snickers, Reeces and the chocolate cake before bed. Realizing that the Graham family and the Borden family with all of the kids haven't been together in a very long time, as Max didn't know Emily's name. Must rectify this problem very soon and very well. Looking forward to a summer that I'm not working (God permitting) and we can do some catching up. Not wanting to go to bed because I'm feeling happy in my heart....but my eyes do tell me that it's time. Good night Jenny in Independence, KY, USA and Good Morning David in a land far, far away.