Thursday, May 7, 2009

Lord, You have done great things!

Psalm 126:2-3 Our mouths were filled with laughter,our tongues with songs of joy.Then it was said among the nations, "The LORD has done great things for them." The LORD has done great things for us,and we are filled with joy.

We are ecstatic to share the good news with you! The Borden family now has three new precious children: Maksim Scott, Alona Hope and Natalia Joy. Court was running a little behind and we still didn't have one document needed, (it's on a bus on its way here), but no power nor force could stop the Almighty God from rescuing 3 of His own for He has called them by name and knows the great and prosperous plans He has for them. This day, May 7 2009 at 12:15 pm the decision was made. This will just be a stepping stone, a time to remember a reversal of destiny for these 3. The Lord has not forsaken them and will not leave them abandoned, but has come to bring life more abundant and free, a wide open space for them.

Thank you each and every one who have supported through prayer, encouragement, help at home and giving financially. You all are a part of this. The Lord has seen your act of service and does not take it lightly. I was telling Anna before court all that our friends have done to help. I told her that God has put this verse on my heart: Colossians 1:17 "The Lord is before all things, and in Him all things hold together." He has held each one of us and invited us to be a part of the work He is doing. For those that said yes, thank you! Love, Jenny

We will post pictures this evening from our time with the kids. We are headed over there in a few minutes. I'm hoping to say goodbye to some of the kids that I've gotten to know.

This is after court in from of the courthouse. Oksana, the orphanage director is standing between David and me and Anna is beside me. Please pray for them. I believe both of their hearts are tender to the Word of the Lord.

16 comments:

Jewelry Lady said...

Again...speechless. Praise God for His mighty work on behalf of these three children. Welcome home kids!!!! You are loved here in the US by so many and we can't wait to see you again! Jenny and David, Congrats are in order.

Jennifer said...

YEA!!!! I wanted to check before I headed to work and now I need to go redo my make up sob sob happy tears!!!!
PTL

Jennifer O

Kimbell and Mark said...

woohoo. Praise God. What a wonderful and powerful story to share with your kids about our Rescuer. Have a great trip back to Kiev tomorrow.

michelle said...

Congratulations to you all!!
Have a wonderful day and dinner
together again. FINALLY!!
The kids will be overjoyed in both countries and ready to jump orphanage ship!!We are all celebrating with you today.

vandermeer said...

Yippee!!!! I just could not wait to check this morning and there is was!!! Praise the Lord again for all His goodness. It has truly been a blessing to our hearts to follow your journey and see how God has done exceedingly and abundantly more than you could have asked or imagined!!! You will have such an awesome story to always share with the kids and anyone else!!

Michelle said...

All I can say is WOW! I couldn't wait to check this and find out the good news. You are making history! What wonderful news and blessing this is to all who have been watching and waiting and praying and crying (with joy)! Praise God for he is good! Thanks for answering God's call you guys!

BTW, we did get some veggies this morning!! :-)

Stephanie said...

Congrats!! I'm so happy for your family! I'll keep praying you thru the last few steps... be safe on the way home!

Phil & Tonya said...

It's time for David's favorite -- Kool & the Gang --"Celebrate good times, come on!" Praise God -- Why would God not want to deliver in this way -- He's not going to give His children a slimy snake! (Mt 7;10) These sure are good gifts He's giving to your children and to us children who are a part of this with you! Time for "Walkin' on Sunshine!"

Love,t

beth said...

Yippee! (That's my version of Woo Hoo!) Welcome to the family, you precious children! I can not wait to get to really know you and be a part of your life! Congratulations David and Jenny - tears of joy and lots of explaining as my students have come in to see my crying :)! Love you both - God is so good (all the time!)

DeeDee said...

Praise God from whom all blessings flow !! We are so thrilled for the Borden family !! God is so good in the way He paved the way and provided each step of the way. Thank you again for the privilege of allowing us to share in this with you. I was wondering if everyday even after you get home you can continue your blog?:) I feel like it's a "mini-devotional" each day and I've learned so much from you both. We're so happy for you and are looking forward to getting to know your children better and seeing your family grow and change.

Kerri said...

I don't have the words to even come close to how I feel, thank goodness the Lord does and you listed them at the beginning of the post! I love you both so much and sometimes can't believe the blessing that your friendship and example are! I can't wait until you are home and we can all love on these children the way they deserve! Amen and Amen!

Natalie said...

Praising God with you for the great things He has done! What an awesome answer to prayer! Enjoy your day celebrating with the kiddos. Praying for safe travels home, Jenny, and for God's continued grace and favor on David and the children as they stay a bit longer :)

Debora Hoffmann said...

Слава Богу--slava Bogu--praise God! He truly cares for the fatherless and sets the lonely in families. His mercies are new every morning.

WOOHOO!

Chris Graham said...

Your words must truly be the Lord's words...power and glory shine through them. Jenny, I've prayed for you today because I'm sure your day at the orphanage was a hard one or good-byes.

adopting2fromUkraine said...

Congratulations! Have a safe trip home.

June

Phil & Tonya said...

Amazing. It is just utterly amazing to see how God has worked things over the past 2 weeks (not to mention the whole process!), although I guess if we all have faith we should not be surprised. I'm so happy you both and the kids, and look forward to seeing you all soon back in the USA! And David, I had to zoom the picture to see what kind of tie you were rockin' there in the Ukraine. Before I found out it was just twisted I had an 80's flashback... :-)

Take care, and safe travels J!

Phillip