Monday, May 18, 2009

Answered Prayer!

God has answered yet another prayer today! At 2pm today when I got in the car with Anna and Kostya, I asked how their day had been. (I had spoken to Anna this morning to ask if they needed me to do anything with them and was they didn't. "Just hang out till around 2pm then we will take you to see the kids.") Anna told me that "the day was good". Kostya then said “actually great”. He went on to say the judge honored a request to release the decree to us early and we have the document. I couldn't help but shout “PRAISE THE LORD, another answered prayer”. People on the street probably heard me!

I texted Jenny immediately and asked her to call…I had some great news. After a few minutes, I texted Keely and asked her to tell Mom to call. (I figured Keely would have her phone in her hand!) Jenny called and I got to share the praise.

At the orphanage, we got all the kids clothes and other belongings together that they are bring home with them. I have them all with me so I can laundry them if needed and to see what extra luggage I my need to get it all home.

We played outside as usual, sharing gum, candy, and some sunflower seeds I bought at the marketplace last night for them. The kids are very excited to know that things are moving again and we will be headed home soon. I am too!

So here is what’s next (prayer request too). Anna, Kostya, and I go out to the children’s birth village to pick up their original birth certificates in the morning. We are leaving at 8am. Please join me in BOLDLY praying that we get this done tomorrow and don’t have to go back on Wednesday. If we do get them tomorrow, we then take them to the Passport office where we will request the children’s passports. I would love to get them dropped off tomorrow if possible. You know all things are possible if God wills it! If not, hopefully when they open on Wednesday morning.

There will be more steps to the process to get home. I’m taking it one step at a time and focusing on the next step – getting their original birth certificates to the Passport office without delay.

It’s nice having things to do. I’ve got to eat, do some laundry (which takes forever to do a load of wash), buy the kids some socks, toothbrushes and toothpaste (I’m going to find the character kind like we have at home – Natasha and Alona saw some the other day and pointed to them), buy the girls some fingernail polish (I asked them if when we were in Kiev they wanted me to paint them and their precious little faces just lit up). And whatever else I find while shopping. It’s a day to celebrate.

Praise God from whom all blessings flow. I give Him all the praise and glory. I thank Him for moving this process through so quickly.

I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High. Psalm 7:17

Blessings <><,
David






12 comments:

adopting2fromUkraine said...

That is such great news! I don't think I've ever read of anyone getting their court decree early:) Just one word of caution, don't let your girls get hold of the nail polish without your supervision. When kids get out of the orphanage they are so excited. They do everything with such enthusiasm. (Nail polish doesn't wash out of clothes:0)

June

The Riekerts said...

I read your blog daily (really look forward to it) and will be praying that things continue to MOVE! You are such a great dad to them already- character toothbrushes and nail polish- what else could be better? Good luck tomorrow with the birth certificates Hang in there :)

Jewelry Lady said...

Yeah!!!!! Thanks for the reminder today David that God IS who He says He is, God can do what he says He can do, I am who God says I am, I can do all things thru Christ, God's Word is ALIVE and ACTIVE...even in the Ukraine!

I'm believing God! (as she points to her head)

Tam

Michelle said...

What a dad! ! ! Painting your little girls nails~~how precious is that! Showing them how their Father thinks of them as princesses~~He is smiling, I'm sure of it.

Couldn't wait to read the update to the blog~it has become such a blessing and an encouragement in faithfulness! Hopefully, some on the streets did hear your praises to the one who is deserving of all our praises!

We will be BOLDLY praying for this next step to go so smoothly!

Michelle

Kerri said...

YES!!!! Awesome news! We will be praying for the trip tomorrow. Praying for success and for your heart. Have a great evening!

vandermeer said...

AWESOME NEWS!!!! Everyday God just keep showing Himself!! We will be praying about tomorrow! God is so faithful!!!

Chris Graham said...

Yes!!!! What a great day! Emily is here with me reading this and we are praying and rejoicing! Painting their fingernails....such a sweet moment! I'm feeling like jumping and skipping and praising the Lord!

Phil & Tonya said...

Praise God! Things are humming along and you've got tasks to accomplish. I will join you in boldly praying for those passports. Glad you found some some sunflower seeds on your later trip to the market.!

Kimbell and Mark said...

fantastic news, Thanks God!

DeeDee said...

Wow ! Praise God from whom all blessings flow !! This is some of the best news I've heard all day !! Wow ! God is so good .... it is such a blessing to be able to rejoice and share in this miraculous journey. We'll pray that you're able to get those birth certificates and get them into the proper hands tomorrow. We'll continue to pray boldly and believing..... USA - here you come!!

Natalie said...

What wonderful news, David! The Lord really is going before you and making your path straight. I'm praying now (which is about the time you're heading to the kids' village) for another miraculous day! Will look forward to hearing the good news. God Bless!

beth said...

Ok, so were you thinking to yourself as you typed about painting the fingernails "this is going to really score some points with all the moms out there reading this"? Not that you needed any points...I continue to be blessed daily by your writings! God is doing such great and mighty things through the Borden family that all of us are witness to! Thanks for allowing that to happen! Sooooo excited about your news - how do you say Yippee in Ukraine? Will be praying for continued expediency (that's probably not the right word)today and for the remaining steps to coming home!
Beth