Thursday, April 30, 2009

Drum Roll Please............................





We have a COURT DATE! Yes, it's true. Next Thursday 10:30-11am. We went to the orphanage to get some papers, and were to go to the mayor's office, then to court to ask for a date. We stopped at the orphanage and then Anna told us to stay at the orphanage and they would be back. "Okay." She said they would be about a half-hour. We figured that would probably change as we have seen how such things normally go. So, we had a nice time with Natasha while Makc and Alona were at school. There is not a lot to do. She rode a bike around over and over and over and we walked behind her. I think she loved that we were watching her and stopped to give hugs and kisses often. At one point we went back upstairs where her group lives. She staged this whole scene where she had David sit on one end of the couch and me on the other. She made both of us put our legs up so that we were lounging on the couch. She went and got a blanket and put it over me then got the remote and sat down to watch tv. I asked her to come and snuggle with me, and she was so sweet. She looked so happy. I walked through that area yesterday and there were maybe 8 3-5 year olds sitting in front of the tv and their caregiver was sitting up on the couch. How we often take for granted the simple pleasures of a family. Okay, so Anna and Kostya show back up after noon and tell us we have a court date. We are seeing the head judge over the area. Anna waited about an hour for the judge. She said she was nice, and said she was booked all week, but happened to have one 30-minute appointment on Thursday from 10:30-11. Would that work? "We say yes"! So, plan is to go to court, head to Kiev where I have to sign papers at the Embassy and get a flight out on Friday, May 8. I asked my Bible study gals to pray that I would be home by Mother's Day. David and I plan on sharing the story of all God has done through this for the rest of our lives. Love, Jenny

13 comments:

michelle said...

Awesome! Time to write a book,
titled "Rescued"...while you
are sleeping. It is fun to wake up to all the excitement over there.
Glad you got the day with Natasha
she sure is cute and sounds like a gem. Congrats on court date! May all go perfect. Gosh David could be home with the kids mid May.
Hugs to all, love the photo's!!

Kimbell and Mark said...

kind of weird that I'm posting after just talking to you for 23 minutes (yes, that's a new habit of mine, tracking how long phone calls are - it helps with my math skills) Doing the happy dance in Kiev. Praise God - He is blessing you in huge gigantic ways. Love you bunches. Miss you too (or I could have said two....) Oh gosh I really do need to go home.... XOOXOXOOX See you SOON in US.

SarahC said...

Your Bible study gals are fixing to join hearts and hands in about an hour. There is much praise due to a faithful God! We are so thrilled for you and what God is teaching you through experience! How precious the idea of a normal family is for these three. They are so blessed to have you both as parents. Love you guys!

vandermeer said...

Again, I read with just chills going up and down my spine!!! Why do I stand so amazed at what God has done??? He has truly been working in this, no doubt whatsoever!!! You definitely have a story to tell and I know you will give all praise, glory, and honor to the Lord!!! Natasha sounds so sweet!! Glad everything is going so well with the kids!

beth said...

I could look at those sweet faces all day long - even showed them to my students this morning (they "oooh"ed and "ahhhh"ed appropriately) So excited about how this whole thing is moving along. I just keep telling people it has the hand of God all over it! I can't wait to hear all of your stories.

Stephanee Potts said...

So amazing to watch/read how God is working. Yes, so many have forgotten these children but God has not and He tugs at the hearts of His people to love them with His love. Your three are absolutely precious!!! Praying for a smooth court date - it sounds like your timing with everything has been abundantly blessed. Praise God!!!

Debora Hoffmann said...

Wow! Congratulations! I'm thrilled to hear this. How speedy! I hope our process is as fast as yours...we got our SDA appointment date today! :-)

The Peery's said...

Seeing Natasha hug you with that big smile on her face is precious! I can't even imagine how incomprehensible to her it is to have a MOM now! Or maybe, she gets it more than the rest of us!
Love all the pics!
Beth

Natalie said...

What an answer to prayer! The Lord is truly working on your behalf. Your story encourages and inspires me! Joining in prayer with your Bible study gals that you will be home by Mother's Day...what a great gift that would be! :) Love the pics! Many blessings to you!

DeeDee said...

This is incredible !! I am just speechless at the way that everything has gone so smoothly. Why am I surprised ? God is so good and continues to amaze us ! Wow ! How special it was that you were able to spend one on one time with Natasha and get to know her better. I can't wait until you are all back together again as a family. Thanks for the great updates on the blog -- Carley said, " I could just hear Mrs. Borden saying all of those things." :)

Michelle said...

Not going to believe this~~no veggies today! Seriously! Never happened before. I think it is because God is blessing you over there right now instead. hehehe
How very precious your true tale is, and how blessed we are to watch such a blessed story unfold. Praise God! They are SOOOO cute!

adopting2fromUkraine said...

That's so great to hear! The sooner the court date, the sooner you all come home, together:)

June

The Holloways said...

The pictures are priceless! Everyone looks so happy. Praise God for a quick court date! I pray the week flys and you have a lot of time with the kids. Sweet!