Sunday, April 26, 2009

We've survived a whole 24 hours in Kiev


Not only have we survived, but we've thrived (that's for you, Tammy :))! We spent the day with Kim. Actually David says we didn't spend the whole day because I didn't wake up until 11!:) Igor, the head facilitator guy picked us up and took us to Kim's. He was really nice. He seems like a very capable man. We hung out at her apartment for a lot of the day. Then went on a walk. Even found a nice park with lots of tulip trees. There was a playground there with many children. One interesting thing: it was like 70 degrees today and really sunny but the children were dressed in winter clothes with tights and jackets and even a few with toboggans! Other difference was lots of people walking around with big beer bottles and wine. We ate at a really pretty and yummy Italian restaurant. The price was really reasonable too! It means SO much having Kim here for a few days. It just helps the day go by quick. Otherwise, we've heard and can already imagine the days get long and lonely. BTW, thanks for the comments and emails--they help ALOT!
Tomorrow morning at 9am our time (2am Monday morning Eastern time) we have our SDA appoiment. Igor will take us and he said it should all go well and be done by 9:30. We hope to have the referral they will give from this appt Monday evening. If that's the case, we'll head out of Kiev Tuesday morning and head to the region where the kids are. We will be there for the remainder of the time. We have to leave Kim, but hopefully (and please pray for her as she is here by herself) that she will not be here very much longer! Love you all! Jenny & David

8 comments:

vandermeer said...

You and David are doing a great job on your blog--we are all faithful followers!!!! It is weird when you are ahead in time--we were like that in China but the good thing is you come home faster?? Oh well, somehow that helped in my thinking!!! Your kids all look like they are doing great!!!

Phil & Tonya said...

Hey J & D! I'm glad you are finding some satisfying food -- I know how you can get when you are unfulfilled food-wise! Has the Honeymoon started yet? We got to see the kids today at Moe's and they seem great. Phil & Stu took Max to baseball b/c his regular bball buddy was sick. Everyone seems happy and Jenn is learning alot from your kids about back roads (Keely will be ready to drive soon!) and restaurants! Keep posting for us! I'm glad to be on the blog. Going to eat the coconut cake in a few hours and will think of you! Is this too many details for blog? Please tell me where you want them b/c you'll get them. Love you!

Tonya

Kerri said...

Hi guys! Love you both! So happy to see you doing well! I knew you would! This is the Lord's doing! Can't wait to hear more and see pictures! Phil 4:13 girl!!!!
K.

Natalie said...

Yea...you're there and getting acclimated! It's great to be able to follow your journey via your posts. Keep 'em coming! So...after my last "comment" on a previous post, I clued in that I'm a West Coast girl as opposed to East Coast, and therefore, 10 hours behind you guys. The big time change IS strange, as David commented. My sister's family lives in Tajikistan (which is 12 hours ahead of us). They often receive birthday wishes from me after they've already lived through most of their birthday...I have a hard enough time remembering special occasions on their real date, let alone the day before! All that to say, I WILL BE remembering you guys in prayer tonight as I head to bed, which should be close to the time of your appt. in the morning. May God go with you!

michelle said...

Great photo, I think that is you two out there in the distance. LOL
Love photo's!My last post said I hope you two sleep well but I guess you are already sleeping.
The good thing for you two is that the weather is nice. You will be able to get out and walk and sight see. Winter adoptions don't have that luxury. I guess they do but it is really cold. Good luck tomorrow!!!

Jennifer said...

Yea!!! I am glad you are having fun!!
Jennifer O

Stephanee Potts said...

It's great to be following along. It makes me want to hop on the next plane and visit Ukraine for awhile. It's funny - by the end you are so ready to come home but then you get home and you miss it sooooo much. Enjoy even the boring days - you won't have many of those pretty soon!! I am praying tonight for your appt in the morning. It's not too bad and the people we met with there were very nice and made us feel at ease.
www.twojourneysofgrace.blogspot.com

Laurel said...

I'm up and praying for you now. Your appt. is in 1 hour. If I haven't heard from you when I get up, I'll text Igor to see how it went.