Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Photos!







Okay, we should have a big post tonight but we've been trying to download pixs for like 2 hours now and it's super late here. So, we found out we just have a horrible connection in our room. Right now I'm in the little lobby hoping I don't wake up Tatiana and her husband :). They probably think we're "crazy" Americans! She is actually very sweet. Oh, useless info but for irony for all the lovebird comments: The place we're staying is called "Tatiana's Romantica"!!! What a hoot. The top floor is "uhh, how do you say? honeymoon suite". It has this huge arrangement of fake white flowers on the bed and a big stuffed animal. Very cheesy! We're in the one-room flat on the bottom floor. "We take cheapest room" :)
So, sing along with me, "How great is our God. Sing with me, how Great is our God? And all will see how great, how great is our God!" I don't know all of God's plans through this, but I can tell you I've never seen God act in such mighty ways. Just amazing! So, we start the paperwork this morning. It's moving and moving and we get to the Inspector's office. If you remember from yesterday...well as Anna put it when I suggested I could pet Inspector's arm if it would help, Anna replied, "me, I like americans, eeenspector, she not so nice." So, Anna goes in and we stay at the orphanage (a great time with our kids, also some heartbreaking stories that I must share when I have more time. We saw first-hand today that there are "the least of these" in this world. Make no mistake. There are little ones suffering, hurt and oppressed from no cause of their own, but parents who do not know the great love and mercy of our Savior. We cannot close our eyes to them!). Several hours later, Anna and Kostya come to get us and we ask how it went. Well, the Inspector did her paperwork and signed off on her stuff. Anna then graciously offered to drive her to the mayor's office so he could sign off (the LAST thing needed before sending to SDA in Kiev and making a court appointment). The Inspector Said YES!!!!!!!! So, they dropped off the inspector and she said check back at 7 or 8pm. They did and turns out the mayor had already left but she left it front and center on his desk and we are to go pick it up at 9am tomorrow morning. Then we are headed to orphanage for something (not sure what) and then to the courthouse to set us a little court date. WHOO-HOO!!!!!!! I stood outside that Inspector's office today and I prayed that God knows that I will praise Him either and any way about all this, but Lord please move heaven and earth if you have to and get this through. Give the lady mercy, amnesia, whatever is needed. Yes Lord, I love you! I wish I could shout it from the rooftops instead of sitting on a porch, but He knows our hearts. I know many of you are rejoicing with us! Please pray for the mayor and the court dude tomorrow! There is a holiday on Friday and Monday, but we could have a date on Tuesday. That means I could be home before MOther's Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE, Jenny and D

7 comments:

vandermeer said...

How GREAT is our God!!! I just have chills reading this blog today. It is truly amazing to see daily what God is doing on your behalf!!!! TRULY AN ANSWER TO PRAY!!!!!! Love the pics also!

Natalie said...

Oh, Jenny, your post brings tears to my eyes! Our God truly is great! The pics are darling...fun to see everyone's smiling faces. Continuing to lift you guys up in prayer.

P.S. ~ Are you guys coming home for the 10-day waiting period and then one of you will go back to get the kids?

Laurel said...

Rejoicing with you!!!!!! God seems to have had His precious arms wrapped around your adoption from the very start. None of this surprises me. :-)
LOVE the pics. Thanks for taking the time to upload them!

Jewelry Lady said...

Words cannot express my thoughts! Thank you Father for being so personal. Good to see your smiling faces and Jenny you look so peaceful! My prayer was that you would thrive over there and ejoy every second that you could, knowing your God is in control and your babies at home are in great shape! Your actions are showing so many God's love and teaching us all to put it in His hands and let Him work!!!! Can't wait to hear more... Love and Miss you! Tam

Jewelry Lady said...

Question: What's with all the army clothes on the dudes?

Kerri said...

I don't even have words. The pictures just put me over the top. Mack's little hand on yours in the first photo. Oh my heart! I love you both so much! I cannot wait to see you and love on these kiddos and watch the KY kiddos do the same!

Kimbell and Mark said...

beautiful. love you bunches. can't wait to have them all home in beautiful KY