Saturday, April 25, 2009

We're in Kiev.

Well our first apartment guests just left. We hosted Kim and her new daughter Sashsa Botto! Actually we weren't such great hosts as they brought us pizza, toilet paper, cups and even a little chocolate for our bed pillows! Oh, I can't tell you how great it was to have them here. We were able to chat about life here (hoping it will be quick), cry a little and laugh a lot. Our driver, whose wife will be our facilitator was very nice. After a 17 hour flight, we were tired and a little overwhelmed, so hopefully we'll sleep well tonight. We talked to the kids (in KY) over Skype and actually got to see their beautiful faces. We love you three and miss you already!! Know we're sleeping under the same stars tonight (even though on different time zones). Kim and our head-dude facilitator guy are planning our day tomorrow. Not sure what it will be, but I can guarantee you we are happy to have them looking after us and Kim entertaining us. The work starts Monday. We'll have our SDA appt and then have to wait until evening to hopefully get our referral. Once we have the referral, we can travel to Khelmenitsky, the region where the kids are. We hope to be able to see them on Tuesday.

6 comments:

Kimbell and Mark said...

I miss you already! Oh - and Sasha was saying no to steps (not you) she wanted to take the elevator - yikes! I took the steps then she about scared the you know what out of me when I got to the bottom.

vandermeer said...

I am so glad you guys arrived safely. Those flights are brutal and do wear you out! We are praying for Monday!

Dunham Family said...

Hi! We are in Kiev, as well. I just emailed Kim. My husband is sick with bronchitis, so we have been laying low in the flat. We hope to meet you! Email my with your cell #, if you can. I will try to call you and/or Kim tomorrow! dunhamlmt@yahoo.com

michelle said...

Wow, I hope you two got a great
nights sleep last night. This time difference is strange. You are sleeping and we have much of the evening left. I hope Sunday is a great day and Monday brings blessings in triple. Lots of love
to you both and all 6 kido's.
We are praying!
Michelle, Todd and Skylar too

Laurel said...

Enjoy tomorrow! Eat well and get some sleep. Did you have the guy at the airport install the internet stuff onto your computer? If so, I suppose it's working! LOL.

Unknown said...

So glad you arrived safety.

Grace & Peace