Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sunday, the Lord's Day! 4/26

Good Morning, or good night Cinci time! This time difference is wierd. I've done some traveling, but always west where I was at an earlier time zone. Being ahead of those at home sort of makes me fell like I'm in the future. Like I said, wierd for me. I didn't sleep much on the plane over, so I laid down around 10:00pm last night and went right to sleep. Jenny went to bed around mid-night. I woke up around 6:30 and knew that was way to early, rolled over and went back to sleep until 9:30ish. Jenny is still asleep! Kim spoke to Igor, our Team leader last night and he told her he would call early and let us know what time we would meet today. Kim also told us that early would be around 11:00am. I guess she knows, cause he hasn't called yet and I'm glad cause Jenny is still asleep.

We are so glad to have Kim here to help us get settled in! After we meet Igor, we are planning on spending the day with her and Sasha, the Botto's new family member. It will make time go much faster being able to get out and about. The weather here is very nice!! Our apartment is clean and comfortable. Well, the bed isn't exactly comfortable, but like I told myself last night...it's better than the floor!

If you know me very well, I don't read much and I don't journal even less. Before I left, I challanged myself to do more of both. So on the plane ride, after finishing watching a movie, I opened a book called Reckless Faith that Jenny started reading and in the introduction, I found these verses that spoke to me.
Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven. Matt. 5:16 NASB
In the same way, anyone who holds on to life just as it is, destroys that life. But if you let it go, reckless in your love, you'll have iy forever, real and eternal. John 12:25 MSG

My prayer today is ... Father help me and encourage me to be a light for you and love you recklessly! Amen.

Today is the Lord's Day, and I am going to try and take every opportunity to worship Him. I woke up this morning and in my first prayers, I praised Him for who He is! I can't wait to see what he has in store for me today.

Thank you all for your prayers and following our journey to resue Natasha, Alona, and Makc. Please don't be afraid to post a comment. We love hearing from you!

Blessings,

David

3 comments:

The Peery's said...

So great to see the two of you with Kim! What a blessing, for you guys and Kim, to have each other to lean on if even for just a few days during this journey! I look forward to reading your blog and seeing pictures! Kim has inspired us here in the US with her pictures and commentary on the kids. Really can't wait to hear all about the orphanage where your kids are right now! I feel like I'm about to meet more amazing kids! Zhenya printed out a picture of your family and asked about your blog so she can see pictures too! God bless you as you continue your amazing journey!
Beth

Laurel said...

David,
You are off to a GREAT start on journaling and we all appreciate it!!! I'll call you in a few minutes. We have another family landing in Kyiv tonight - so pray for them also. Thanks!

michelle said...

Thanks for the journal entry David. It means a lot to those of us here praying and wondering how you two are doing! It is a blessing you two
got some sleep last night as I bet
things will get busy real soon.
Great scripture notes as well.
Have fun, in the long run this will be but a moment in time and
hopefully you will have made some amazing memories in Ukraine.
Hugs, Michelle