Monday, April 27, 2009

SDA appointment went great!!!







Good morning! It's 11:15am here in Kiev and we at Kim's appartment visiting. We got back to our appartment last night around 7:00pm after spending the afternoon and evening with Kim. On the way back to our apt. we stopped by the grocery and picked up some Coke Light (Diet Coke) and toilet tissue. The store is 2 stories with all the food and drink on the lower level and the soft lines and health/beauty on the second. You have to pay for what you get on each level. I guess they have them this way to save on land space.

Last night, we watched a reality tv show on DVD, blogged a bit, Jenny a load of laundry, and spent some time IMing friends and family. At around 11:00pm, we decided to get some sleep, but I guess our bodies weren't ready for that because we didn't sleep very well at all. We feel pretty good though not having much sleep.


I got up around 5:30am, got my shower (finnally) after having to wait 5 minutes for the hot water to make it's way up to our apt. on the 5th floor, got my Coke Light, had oatmeal and did my quite time and Experiening God bible study. Jenny got up at 7:15am and started her morning routine. (I'll not bore you with that).

At 8:30am we went down to meet Igor for our 9:00am appointment over at the SDA. We arrived plenty early and stood around outside wiating till 8:55. We went in the building, waiting on some stairs, and at 9:00 went upstairs into an office where we were introduced to Andrea. She was very nice. We were asked about our family and how we met the kids we are adoptiong. Everything was very positive and based on the expressions, pleasant. We were told what the Kids b'days are (Makc was born in Sept. of 1998, Alona was born in July on 2000, and Natasha was born in Sept. of 2002). We were told the birthdates of their mother (1978) and father (1980). We were then told that everthing was in order and that they (SDA) would work hard to get the paperwork completed by late afternoon (WHOO HOO!). If all goes well, we will go back to the SDA this afternoon to get the referral!

Above are pictures from this morning. Enjoy. We'll be back online later... going to walk around with Kim and grab some lunch. It's another beautiful day here!
David












16 comments:

Kimbell and Mark said...

david - despite what Jenny says, I think you are doing an excellent job blogging. I think it's very interesting - and I already knew everything you wrote! YOu are standing on my deck right now. I'm wondering if I should yell "Don't jump!"

Michelle said...

Hey Jenny, Hey David!

How beautiful to read how the Lord is working through this process! Thank you for sharing and the inspiration to others~~it does spark emotion to read your posts. Love to read~pix are neat!

I can't wait to show our family.

God bless you two! Michelle

vandermeer said...

Hey guys! I feel myself becoming addicted the blog thing again. I thought I was recovering once back from China but here I am again just loving every minute of reading about your experience and how God is just continuing to show Himself through the whole process. We prayed last night as a family for your appointment today and for your kiddos back here! Keep up the blogging--WE LOVE IT!!!

Kerri said...

Good Morning (afternoon) guys! So glad the appointment went well! It's hilarious to read from Kimbell's blog and yours in the same sitting - it's like "in stereo"! Checked on Patriot Way last night and things are good! Have a great time today/this evening! David, enjoy the Coke Lite and the bride of your youth on this "honeymoon"! Jenny, just take it all in, you're doing great! Love you both so much!

becky said...

I am so happy that things seem to be going so smoothly for you all. Please know you are being lifted in prayer. All things are possible with God and you are living proof of that, thanks for being so inspiring!!! Love you both! Becky

R_Lightner said...

I'm so happy to hear that things are moving along for you! We're praying for you.

Coke Light just isn't nearly as good as Diet Coke, is it?

Unknown said...

hopefully you are on your way home with your paperwork from the SDA! God is good.

ja

Natalie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jewelry Lady said...

Hey lovebirds!!!! Glad to see pics of your smilling faces as you thrive over there! Getting ready to leave a message at your house to work out details for our zoo trip tomorrow!!! Can't wait! Hopefully the rain will hold off a bit for us. Will take lots of pics for you and post on facebook tomorrow. Miss you!!!

Tam

Natalie said...

Glad to hear things went well...I was praying last night for your appt. Soon you'll be on your way to Khlmenitskij and the kids! The pictures are great! God bless you both.

michelle said...

You two look fabulous for the big day! thanks for the great photo's
that is one beautiful church!
(I assume it is a church) so by now
you may already have the golden ticket as it is 7:30 in Ukraine.
Off to Khmel. tomorrow, oh how exciting! Michelle

adopting2fromUkraine said...

Congratulations on you appointment going well!

There is another family finishing up an adoption from Khmelnitsky. I think they may be here in the US for the 10 day wait. They mentioned the hotel they are staying in on their blog.

http://markandcourtney.blogspot.com/

June

Laurel said...

David and Jenny, Congratulations on having that huge step of your adoption out of the way!!! I heard you already got your referral paperwork and will be headed to Khmelnitsky early in the a.m. I can't wait for you to reunite with the kids! Enjoy.

Debora Hoffmann said...

This is so exciting. I'm glad all went well and you may have your paperwork soon.

Jennifer said...

Well David I must say your pictures are much better than Kims blog!!!
Whats all the gossip of this honeymoon, love bird thing...maybe in your dreams my goodness Jenny is expecting triplets give her a break!!!!
Jennifer O

Phil & Tonya said...

it looks more colorful over there that we'd imagined, don't you think? I'm glad it's been pretty out. Does Coke Light taste the same? I'm trying to get the bdays in my head. parents were much younger. Wow. I can't wait to hear more stuff so keep writing & picturing & laughing/crying. I asked Tessa what she wants to say to Jenny and David who are on the other side of the world. She says,"I really like candy." There you go! You guys make her think of the sweetness of friendship -- good interpretation, eh? Or where's that big plastic candy jar. :) Love you!