Thursday, April 23, 2009

Only 27 hours until we hit Cinci Aiport for Kiev

Does AAAACCKK properly describe the emotions right now?! :) Actually, everything is coming together, the kids are doing great with us leaving (Max is actually excited for us to go. HHMM...what does that mean?!), and God is giving me peace moment by moment the way it was intended.
I actually woke up with butterflies in my stomach. I was praying and the phone rings at like 6 this morning. It's Mark Botto whose wife is over in the Ukraine right now finishing up their adoption of a 16-yr-old gal. They are a great couple and Mark is so nice. He just wanted me to know that Kim is going to have to stay through the weekend, so the good news is that she will be there to greet us when we get to Kiev. What a blessing! To travel 17 hours and be greeted by a familiar face from KY??!! It's just too much. Thank you God! So, Kim is going to help us exchange money, get settled in, take us to a good restaurant, even maybe shop on Sunday.
Our appointment is Monday morning at 9am. Ukraine is 7 hours ahead of us on Eastern time. So, if you're up praying on Monday morning at 2am, we'd love for you to pray for our appointment :)! Until then, please join us in thanking the Lord for being so close to us (to us all) and for providing all we need and more. Please pray for tomorrow morning as we say goodbye to our babies here for a little while. Love, Jenny

8 comments:

Natalie said...

Have been thinking about you all week, Jenny, and praying for all the details to come together for your trip. I'm excited for you that the time has finally come to travel! What an added blessing to have a familiar face of a friend (who speaks your language) to greet you in a foreign country! Know that I will be praying for you tomorrow as you say goodbye to your kids and begin your travels....and throughout your time in Ukraine that God would go before you and make your path smooth and straight. And if I happen to be awake at 2:00 a.m. (which isn't entirely impossible),I will be praying then, too! :) Keep us posted when you can. Blessings on your journey!

Kimbell and Mark said...

YEAH - I can't wait to see you! I'll teach you how to avoid getting hit by cars on sidewalks, how to distinguish water NO GAS (as opposed to water with bubbles) at the grocery. I have some popcorn so I'm thinking maybe we could all split a bag - tell me how much fun would that be! Oh and we should make a video for facebook. Oh Jenny we have so much to do! Does your babysitter have facebook?? We could do a video for your kids! Get ready girl - mama to 6. SOrry Mark called you at 6am. He gets up at 5 so he thinks that waiting till 6 is calling late! LOVE YOU LOVE YOU LOVE YOU - now get on over here and get your babies. Praying for safe travels, peace as you say goodbye to your homegrown babies. I'm waiting - HURRY UP!

michelle said...

I just spoke to you Jenny but wanted to leave you a million blessings for your travel. If you need anything at all while you are gone call me collect if you have to
and we'll be here. I know the way
to Frankfort for last minute anything. We'll pray for the kids at both ends of Gods world completing one large happy family.
Can't wait to hear you are finally
holding your 3 new kido's!
Michelle

Stephanee Potts said...

So exciting!! We are praying for you as begin the journey of a lifetime!!! That is so wonderful that you have a friend waiting for you on the other side of the world! Enjoy Ukraine!

Jennifer said...

Ready or not here ya go!!!
"Be still and know that I am God"

Hey you are having triplets with no stretch marks, He is a God of miracles!!
Have fun!!!!

Jennifer O

Laurel said...

We're praying for safe and uneventful travels. As long as Kim is stuck in Ukraine, I'm glad she'll be there to welcome you. That will help a lot! Be strong. God Bless. Let the adventure begin...... :-)

Unknown said...

Grace and Peace on you and yours as you travel. My God's presence be powerful in your midst and His voice clear in your ears.

Jewelry Lady said...

You go girl!!!!