Sunday, November 30, 2008

"But she has given...everything she has" Mark 12:44

I hope you've had a wonderful Thanksgiving? We did. We are so thankful for our family. We tried to call the orphanage to talk with Makc, Alona and Natasha, but were unsuccessful. We are going to continue trying to reach the orphanage by phone. Please pray God will give the kids a sense of peace and an attitude filled with expectation and hope.

David and I have been blown away the past few weeks by some of you! We so often see selfishness and greed in this world, but I want to share with you that God's desire for His people to love and to give sacrificially is very much alive.

Here are a few stories from the past week:
1. A friend (stay-home mom) whose husband has lost his job calls. She's heard that we sent out a letter asking friends to consider praying and/or giving to be a part of this journey. Her family didn't receive a letter, and calls to see if we will send her one. (note: we did send one, but for whatever reason they didn't get it). Even though they have no known job possibilities right now, they want to give so that we can get the kids here.
2. A family calls asking when the next chunk of money is needed. Their family has talked about this (2 teenage girls and parents) and if they need to forgo giving Christmas presents to one another so that they can get the kids to our home that's what they want to do. They say that if it's after the first of the year they will save to give, but if it's now they are more than willing to make that sacrifice.
3. Some dear friends mail a very generous gift to us. They have 3 kids themselves and work hard like all of us. The note on the check says, "Bring them home!"
These are a FEW stories. I gotta tell you...God is blowing me away. I'm learning so much about Him. I feel like I'm seeing those that have dedicated their lives to Him in a whole new way. How beautiful the body of Christ is. Thank you for blessing me. I pray you see God's working and beauty in a whole new way this week.

Thank you for your prayers!

2 comments:

Debora Hoffmann said...

I have just found your blog and am nearly in tears because God is leading us on the same journey as you. We hosted our daughter this summer and are praying we can submit our dossier in February. God is providing so much for us, and we're praying about adopting one or two more children at the same time. We don't know how the Lord will supply for all this, but we know that when He leads, He supplies everything! Thank you for your testimony. I hope we can encourage each other through the adventures God has us on! :-)

Kimbell and Mark said...

Hey there. How exciting. Love how God is working and using YOU to get folks involved in really cool kingdom stuff. Calling the orphanage is very difficult. I can have Anastasia call sometime and leave a message for them or I know Oksana would be glad to help you. I sure hope we're over there together - I gave you our date didn't i? Love you guys.