Saturday, November 22, 2008

Paperwork and Money!

Paperwork & Money. We're trusting God with both of these. I pray you know our God does not disappoint! He is providing just what we need and when we need it. Of course we don't know God's timetable, but right now the paperwork is moving right along. If you're into specifics, David and I have physicals next week and we're waiting on marriage certificates and birth certificates to come in, and then we can schedule our home study appointment. This is a huge step to finish. Once the home study is completed, we can hopefully move quickly to complete the rest of the needed paperwork. Our dossier could be over there, Lord willing, in January. This gives us an opportunity to travel in March or maybe summer. We just won't know that until soon before it happens. So, we're doing all we can to get the paperwork finished and over there, and then we trust the Lord's timing is perfect. (Feel free to remind me I said that if you catch me sounding anxious)!

Another great thing about a completed home study is that we can begin applying for grants. There are some great non-profits offering grants to adopting families. As soon as that home study is complete, we'll be applying for as many grants as we can. We are so thankful for the initial money that God has provided allowing us to do this paperwork. We know that He will continue to provide money through grants, through friends and strangers alike whom He calls, and well whatever He pleases! We are trusting God to provide the $25,000 that is still needed.

I ask you to please pray faith-filled and boldly with me that: 1. God will provide all that is needed 2. that all those, including us, who the Lord wants involved in this mission will listen and respond with an open heart. I believe and have already seen that this endeavor is so much bigger than our family. The Lord is doing a big work through this! I believe He's calling some to pray, some to give, some to encourage, some to help, and perhaps even others to adopt through this. Most importantly, I believe He's showing His power and glory, allowing all who are involved to grow and surrender more to Him.

I listened to Casting Crown's Lifesong cd for the first time in quite a while today, and was so struck by the song "In Me." I so relate!!! I had to get a laugh because some of the lyrics talk about the power of Christ making me strong. In the first half of our hosting Makc and Alona there were times when I was quite overwhelmed. The Lord gave me this verse: 2 Corinthians 12:
9-10 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

Whew, those became MY verses. I wrote those words on an index card, and that thing went everywhere with me. I would feel overwhelmed and pick up that card reading it aloud. I kept the card and it is folded and bent...let's just say it looks well used!

God is so good. He brought me to a place of delight. I pray as you read the lyrics to the song below, your heart will be touched at God's generosity of wanting to use us, even in our weakness.

"In Me" by Casting Crowns

If you ask me to leap
Out of my boat on the crashing waves
If You ask me to go
Preach to the lost world that Jesus saves

I'll go, but I cannot go alone
Cause I know I'm nothing on my own
But the power of Christ in me makes me strong
Makes me strong

Cause when I'm weak, You make me strong
When I'm blind, You shine Your light on me
Cause I'll never get by living on my own ability
How refreshing to know You don't need me
How amazing to find that you want me
So I'll stand on Your truth, and I'll fight with Your strength
Until You bring the victory, by the power of Christ in me

If You ask me to run
And carry Your light into foreign land
If You ask me to fight
Deliver Your people from Satan's hand

To reach out with Your hands
To learn through Your eyes
To love with the love of a Savior
To feel with Your heart
And to think with Your mind
I'd give my last breath for Your glory


With love, Jenny
"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

2 comments:

The Holloways said...

Jenny, thanks for sharing those verses and the lyrics to that song. They left a great impression on me this morning. The verse from Isaiah is one of my favorite verses in the Bible. I think I'll make my own card to take to Kyiv with me! So glad things are going well. We're praying for God's provision for your family. Janis

Kimbell and Mark said...

I celebrate each step you make in obedience to what God is calling you to do! Love you guys!!!