Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Prayer regarding home study

We have our appointment with the social worker Monday. After this meeting, we will meet one more time with her, and then hopefully our home study will be complete. I spoke with the social worker on the phone and she seems delightful! Please pray it all comes together quickly. We need the home study complete to send on for immigration, another piece of the paperwork pie.

I just have to share a little epiphany I had in the Taco Bell drive-thru yesterday. I know this blog is designed to keep you updated on the adoption. I don't mean to indulge myself with other reports, but these posts are part of the adoption for me. God is teaching me so much through this. I pray as I share it, you might be blessed. Anyway, for the past year or two I have often paid for meals of those behind me in drive-thru lines and Chipotle lines (I've spent a lot of time in a Chipotle line :)). I usually just buy the meal, and tell the person or ask the clerk in the drive-thru line to tell the customer that "Jesus loves them". I've had some AMAZING experiences doing this! God has blessed me like crazy with this. I seriously could write a quite interesting book just on my Chipotle-food-buying experiences! My friend Tonya could testify as she has been with me most of the time!

Lately I haven't been eating out as much. I found myself in the Taco Bell drive-thru and a car pulls up behind me. Immediately I think, okay I need to buy their meal. Next thought is that I can't do that because I need to be careful about spending money. We are in need of like $25,000 and that's just getting started right?! Then I'm reminded by the Spirit that all I have been given is given by God. Surely He's not going to stop giving because I am seeking to show someone He loves them. I was reminded that you "can't outgive God". I don't know who to credit with that quote. I think my husband has said it several times, but maybe I heard it in a sermon??? Anyway, the point is God gives in abundance. Look what He's given us! He wants me to give abundantly! He is an abundant, extravagant giver. I know it because I've experienced it. Why would I want to possibly keep someone else from knowing that (for like $2.80)?? Shame on me. End of the story...I bought the meal, I looked in my rear view mirror to see this 20-something year old kid with a HUGE smile on His face. Not to mention the 50-something year old clerk's expression when she was like why would you do that and I said "just tell him that Jesus loves him." Oh how I pray that you and I will live the abundant life Jesus has for us! With love, Jenny

4 comments:

Debora Hoffmann said...

Thank you for sharing this. It is so exciting to be blessed with a little extra that we can give to those adopting or needing to know God's love for them...and then adding on to that little extra even when we don't "have" it.

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning. (James 1:17)

Laurel said...

Wonderful story and reminder. Thanks!
Laurel

michelle said...

Very sweet. You are going to be the best parents to these kids!
No worries your journey will be blessed. We look forward to seeing the kids again and spending a little time when they return. What a great thought for M, A, N to be here! I guess I have come up with an acronym for you. The MAN trio.
Much love and blessings. May your homestudy be quick. Michelle, Todd and Skylar

Kimbell and Mark said...

Another step closer. Is Amy your SS worker? She was ours and super nice. wow - this will be your last christmas with only 3 kids. crazy! love you.