Tuesday, February 17, 2009

It's all here!

I was beginning to think the day would never get here, but we received the immigration approval form Friday! Tomorrow I'm going to pick up the last form needed, get them all notarized, get the notary approval, then get them apostilled...all to say it's a lot of signatures and driving around, but then it's done! After the driving around, I'll make 2 copies of the whole kit-and-kaboodle and the dossier (or mound of paperwork) will be off to be translated and on to the Ukraine.
I hope the dossier will be in the Ukraine next week. At that point, it's up to the Ukrainian government (and I know, ultimately God) to give us a travel date. We have no idea when the travel date will be. It could be March or it could be October! Of course, I'm hoping it's as quick as can be. We've gotten a few reports from a family adopting at the kid's orphanage that the kids seem to be getting a little anxious and discouraged. Please pray for them to continue to have hope! I can't imagine how slow these past 5+ months have gone for them. Through a translator that sweet family adopting emailed me little notes from Alona and Natasha. Here they are:Dear Mother,

I would like you to come to me very much. I love you and Father very much. I love all the family!

Love,

Alona


Dear Mother,

Come and visit me. I want to see you very much. I will write a letter for you. Father, how are you doing? I want to see you very much. I love all of you!

Love,

Natasha

We are continuing to be amazed at how God is providing and showing Himself in each step of this. Oh how I love Him! We will be working on a letter to update everyone with the latest big news. Praise the Lord, the completion of this paperwork is a huge thing! With love, Jenny

2 comments:

Debora Hoffmann said...

I praise God with you! Congratulations! You are ahead of us...I pray for clarity on the rest of our dossier documents. There has been much confusion as we try to wrap it all up! We miss our little girl so much!

Kimbell and Mark said...

good chatting with you today! this is a big one to check off your to do list. we need to do lunch before we leave - 30 days! YIKES!